When Is the Best Time to Buy a Mattress?
November 23, 2020 · 7 min read
Share post on:
Wondering when is the best time to buy a mattress? At Texas Mattress Makers, you don’t have to wait for a big sale date to get the biggest bang for your buck, because we work tirelessly to make sure our customers are taken care of year-round. Having a mattress that improves your quality of sleep is one of the most important investments you can make for your mental and physical well-being. For that reason and others, we simply don’t believe that you should have to wait for a certain season or holiday to replace a mattress that isn’t working for you now.
So, when is the best time to buy a mattress at Texas Mattress Makers? Anytime. Especially whenever you have a need for one or are in pain. Here’s how we make that happen.
How Texas Mattress Makers Passes Savings on to Our Customers
At Texas Mattress Makers, we focus on helping our customers save money outside of just putting our mattresses on sale. That way, you know that you are going to be saving money year-round, any time you enter our store.
- Because we manufacture all of our mattresses in-house, you get factory-direct (i.e. low) prices. We cut out various middlemen in the mattress-selling chain. In other words, the price of your mattress will be based on the price of the components used and will not include things like shipping costs from another manufacturer or wholesaler, all of which can add to the cost of a mattress.
- Unlike our competitors, we do not inflate the price of the mattress if it uses a new type of technology. Its cost will simply reflect the price of the new component, with no upselling.
- We have been manufacturing mattresses for over 40 years and we have built very close relationships with our suppliers. This allows us to get the best possible prices for the components in our mattresses to ensure you save money.
- At Texas Mattress Makers, we don’t sell brand name mattresses or anything we don’t make at our Houston factory. All of the mattresses we sell at Texas Mattress Makers are made by Texas Mattress Makers. Having a brand name mattress won’t help you sleep better if it’s the wrong mattress for your needs — so we focus on meeting those needs more than anything else, all of which ultimately saves you money.
- Your typical mattress store has to keep an inventory of mattresses instead of being able to manufacture them as needed. Those inventory storage costs are then passed on to the customer. Since Texas Mattress Makers doesn’t keep a typical inventory, you don’t have to pay storage costs when you purchase a mattress from us. This also ensures you have a clean, new product in your home and not something that’s been sitting in a warehouse for months.
Then, of course, we do have sales — sales that provide you with savings on top of savings. In fact, we typically have sales year-round, meaning that you don’t have to go on a hectic shopping trip on a holiday weekend or typical sales day to keep some extra cash in your pocket. We also offer payment plans, including 12-month interest-free financing and layaway options to help you keep your checkbook balanced.
How Do I Know if My Mattress is Worn Out?
Once the answer to the question, “When is the best time to buy a mattress?” is no longer “When you can afford it,” customers are finally able to focus on better ways of measuring when they should purchase a new mattress.
But how often should a mattress be replaced? Can a mattress last 20 years, really? How do I know if my mattress is worn out?
Unfortunately, the answers to these questions are not always straightforward. For example, your mattress’s lifespan will depend highly on what materials were used to make it; higher quality foam and foam alternatives, such as our serene foam, latex and HR foam are made to last longer than basic foam. Some of the mattresses at Texas Mattress Makers — particularly those using our Quantum Coil component — can last a lifetime with regular wear and tear.
In general, we recommend looking at the manufacturer’s recommendation for how long your mattress should last. However, there are other ways to tell that your mattress may be past its prime (or, unfortunately, never suited you well in the first place). These include but are not limited to:
Your mattress is sagging:
If your mattress is beginning to sag, that’s a clear sign that it’s time to invest in a new one. However, it can be easy to confuse a mattress sag with a natural body impression. For more information on the difference between these two things, check out our article on mattress sag vs. body indentations.
You wake up tired or in pain:
If you are otherwise healthy but are waking up feeling tired or with aches and pains, particularly in your back, that may be another sign that your mattress is past its prime. When your mattress is older, these signs may point to the breakdown of your mattresses components. When your mattress is new, they may point to the mattress not being right for your body type. (Please note that we do recommend allowing some break in time for new mattress components, which is different from having your mattress components breakdown.)
You have experienced significant changes in weight:
If you have recently gained or lost a significant amount of weight, those changes will likely affect what type of mattress is best for your body type. What might once may have been a comfortable mattress may no longer be supportive enough, or what might once have felt like a simply supportive mattress may now feel overly firm.
Just as there are lots of variables to take into consideration when choosing a mattress, there are also lots of variables to take into consideration when deciding whether or not your mattress should be replaced.
Our team of mattress experts are always happy to speak with you (either in-store, over the phone or via online chat) about your mattress to help you determine what your next step should be. We are here to answer questions about anything mattress related, from whether or not you should replace your mattress to whether a soft vs. firm mattress would better suit your needs.
What Time of Year Are the Best Mattress Sales at Texas Mattress Makers?
At Texas Mattress Makers, we are committed to helping you save money on your next mattress purchase year-round. By hand making all of our mattresses, we ensure not only that you receive factory direct (i.e. low) prices, but that all of our products are made of quality materials from the USA. Check out our mattress promotion page to see what sales we’re currently offering!
We have provided Houstonians with top-quality mattresses for over four decades, and have made it a priority to help alleviate the financial pressure of buying a mattress you need.
Your good night’s sleep is our passion. You can explore our full selection of handmade mattresses online or in-store. Simply choose to shop by either comfort level, mattress type, mattress size, or budget or come and visit any of our four convenient Houston locations today!
More Beducation by Texas Mattress Makers:
- The COVID-19 Mattress Shortage
- Best Hybrid Mattresses for You
- Best Memory Foam Mattresses for You
- How to Choose a Box Spring
Share post on:
Get More From Your Mattress (and your money)