Many people see their RV or camper as their second home. Some RVs even cost as much as a house! Unfortunately, many recreational vehicles do not come with a good mattress. If you’re looking to have a restful and relaxing time in your home away from home, a good night’s sleep is essential! At Texas Mattress Makers, we make all of our mattresses inside our on-site factory and we can make any size, shape, or design you need. Continue reading to learn more about mattresses for RVs and campers, how to order yours, and more!
What Mattresses are Available for my RV?
We have dozens of mattress options available in our showroom, any of which you can order in whatever size or shape you need. We encourage you to visit our showroom to try our mattresses in person so you get the best fit for your sleep and budget. We also have mattress components on hand so you can get a feel for these materials in case you want a fully custom mattress made just for you. Get fitted to the best bed for your specific needs by our Mattress Experts today!
How do I Measure a Mattress for my Boat?
Unique mattress size without any unique corners or shape:
- Simply use a measuring tape to take the measurements of the width and length of your bed.
For mattresses with a unique shape or corner design:
- Remove the bedding from your mattress.
- Place your mattress onto a large piece of paper as needed such as builder’s paper, which is commonly used to protect flooring from home improvement projects and is available at your local hardware stores. You may need to tape the paper together to make a large enough template for your bed, but one roll should provide enough paper for this project.
- Use a carpenter pencil to trace the outline of your mattress to create a template of the bed size you want. Be sure to trace the mattress along the edges while looking down so that the pencil mark is barely along the outside edges of the bed.
- If you have any specific mattress thickness requirements, please be sure to mention this as well.
- If you do not already have a mattress to work from, simply cut a large piece of paper into the size and shape you need. Make sure to place this template in the space to ensure the template fits your space properly.
- You can always bring the original mattress into our showroom so our staff can take the measurements for you.
How do I order a Mattress for my RV?
If you are interested in a mattress for your RV or camper, please feel free to visit our showroom at any time during our regular business hours. Our Mattress Experts are always standing by to assist you with your mattress needs so you do not need to make an appointment. If you want a custom size or shape, please bring your measurements into the showroom when you visit. If you would like to get an idea of price before you visit, please call our showroom at 713.341.6252.