9th Annual One For One Bed Event
December 5, 2022 · 3 min read
Share post on:
This year marks our 9th annual #OneForOneBed Event which means for the entire month of December, Texas Mattress Makers will donate a mattress to a Houston child in need for every mattress purchased in-store or online! Having a mattress is not a luxury but a necessity and we want to make sure that every child has one so that they can dream big and live a better life. Will you help us give back?
About The #OneForOneBed Event
We started this campaign with Houston Children’s Charity after learning that every month there is an ongoing waitlist of children right here in Houston that need a bed. We at Texas Mattress Makers are in the business of helping Houstonians get their best night’s sleep, so to hear that so many children in our community don’t even have a mattress to sleep in at night was heart-wrenching. We knew that we wanted to be a part of making sure that every child had a bed that they could call their own, so we teamed up with Houston Children’s Charity’s A Better Night’s Sleep program to make a difference!
How You Can Help
- Make your mattress purchase matter!Purchase a mattress from Texas Mattress Makers from now until January 3rd, and we will donate a mattress for a child in need.
- Share this campaign with your friends and social network! You may not be in the market to buy a mattress but you may know someone who is. Sharing our social posts, this blog post, or our commercial with your friends and on your social platforms will help us further this cause!
- Donate directly to Houston Children’s Charity’s A Better Night’s Sleep program. For $100 you can donate a bed for a child in need — that includes a mattress, box spring, bed frame, linens, and a pillow!
- Share the program with people who are in need. We are not just advocating for people to support this program, but for those who are in need as well. Applications and eligibility can be found on Houston Children’s Charity’s website.
- Sign up to volunteer at monthly bed distributions that happen at our East Downtown Showroom & Factory location.
Why It Matters
- Over 30,000 children have received a bed through Houston Children’s Charity’s A Better Night’s Sleep program since 2007.
- Recipients receive a mattress, box spring, frame, sheets, blanket and a pillow.
- An estimated 20,000 kids go without a bed each night in the Greater Houston Area.
- Sleep is essential to a child’s health and growth. Research has found that children with deficient levels of growth hormone slept less deeply than the average child. Sound sleepers are less likely to be overweight, and reported illnesses declined with longer nightly sleep.
- Scholastic performance is also affected dramatically by sleep. Research has shown that adding as little as 27 minutes of extra sleep per night makes it easier for children to manage their moods and impulses so they can focus on schoolwork.
Help us make Houston a better place by helping our local children live a better life and dream big!
TEXAS MATTRESS MAKERS IS A PROUD SPONSOR OF HOUSTON CHILDREN’S CHARITY’S A BETTER NIGHT’S SLEEP PROGRAM
Share post on:
Get More From Your Mattress (and your money)