Top 5 Mattress Myths Debunked!
Shop like an industry insider and avoid the beginners’ mistakes with our Top 5 Mattress Myths explained below!
- One Size Fits All – With a wide variety of body types, sleeping positions, and sleep conditions, bed-in-the-box options rarely provide proper long term comfort and support. Our
Mattress Experts are specially trained to understand each of these variables
and will fit you with the best bed to improve your sleep based on your specific
- A Good Sit Means a Good Fit – Just because it feels good to sit on a mattress does not mean it will be a good fit for your sleeping body. You should always lie down on a bed in your exact sleep position for a good
amount of time to make sure you are properly testing the mattress.
- The More You Invest, the Better Your Rest – A good shopping experience means focusing on the right bed for your best night’s sleep rather than spending top dollar. It’s good to keep your budget in mind, but sometimes the best bed for you does not require you to max out your budget.
- Top Brand Means Top Sleep – The
key to better sleep is all in the quality of the materials and getting the best
fit for your sleep. Many people turn to highly recognizable name brands because
mattress materials can be tough to understand. At Texas Mattress Makers, we can
explain the differences between each material and how they come together to
provide the best comfort and support for your needs.
- You Need to Replace Every 8 – According
The Better Sleep Council article Replacing a Mattress, “how long
a mattress will last depends on several factors, such as amount of use and the
original quality.” You should always replace a mattress that no longer offers the support or comfort you need. However, mattresses can be constructed with the potential to last
beyond the standard 8 years. Youval Meicler, owner and founder of Texas Mattress Makers, often says, “You will get tired of the mattress before it gets tired of you.”
Mattress Expert Tip: The key to finding the right mattress for your sleep is buying a mattress that provides the support you need and the comfort you want. Our staff will help you avoid the mattress myths and work with you one-on-one to fit you to the best bed for your needs so you can get your best night’s sleep!